What a cutie
2. Evan saw me dipping my cookie in my coffee the other day, and so he said "I want to dip cookie in coffee!" John let him have a quick dip in his coffee, and of course he went back for more! In general, he's really into dipping foods into things (sauces, dips, and now drinks).
3. When we arrived home after a short shopping trip the other day and found our kitchen floor covered in bubbles and water (John had used regular dish soap in the dishwasher...eeks!), Evan walked in and exclaimed (in his cute toddlerese) "Holy crap"!
4. Evan often adds "and cozy" to the end of things that we tell him are warm or will make him warm. It is adorable!
5. Evan is still really into playing games on our cell phone, tablet, or computer. He usually plays games on John's cell phone first thing in the morning, and then a few other random times per day on the couch. One day recently he was playing games on John's phone on the couch and then he got up and went into the kitchen. When he came back to the couch he exclaimed, "Hey what's going on here?" when he noticed that the phone was not on couch anymore. That cracked me up!
6. Evan is really enjoying tumbling class. And this last week I got to do the class with him, which was a lot of fun. He did great too! He was really behaved, and went to all the stations without much fuss and did a great job at each too. I think we'll definitely enroll him in the class for next month too. Of course the trampoline was still his favorite because this kid LOVES to bounce!
7. Just a few days ago Evan was playing with his Legos and out of the blue said "I make a silly sound...ooogily boogily". This is one of the things that his stuffed dog toy Scout says, which we keep in his crib so it can play lullabies to him at night, but it's clear that he plays with it and listens to the other things it says/does too (instead of going right to sleep!). Either way...can you say Q. T. Pie? Speaking of his Legos, he loves them. He just got them as a gift recently. It's his first set of actual Legos (not MegaBlocks), and it's got a Disney movie Planes theme. The funny/cute thing is that he can't say Legos properly...rather it sounds like he says mangoes! We keep them in the box (and store them up high away from him) to try to keep them together when he's not playing with them, so I'll often hear him say "I want my mangoes mommy" when he's ready to play with them...hehe.
8. Evan really likes to dump out his toy box lately, and I mean completely dump it out either all at once (turning it upside down) or one by one until it's empty. He's not such a fan of picking it back up though. :( I did have a breakthrough with him Sunday when he had taken each toy out one by one, I told him that if he wanted to go to the park he'd have to put it all back in. And we've instituted a bit of a game to it, such that when he tosses a toy back in we say "Score!" Between those two things, he picked it all back up by himself. I was very pleased.
10. Evan gets some pretty crazy bed head and hat hair these days. This particular day his hat hair was pretty cute...and if we got it cut a little shorter it may resemble his daddy's hair style! What do you think...should we go for the spiky look at his next haircut? :)







No comments:
Post a Comment