Friday, January 4, 2013

A Friday Funny: The dog's meow

This story happened a few months ago, back when our family took a day trip to Estes Park to see the autumn sights.  On this trip we took a walk along a walking path in town.  And walk we all did--we forgot the stroller!  Evan enjoyed the freedom of being able to walk himself, especially to meet all of the dogs that we encountered.  The funny thing was that with every dog we met, he ran toward it and (after the owner said it was okay) would pet it while saying "mum...mum".  Now, the owners probably didn't think too much of this, but I got a kick out of the fact that my son was essentially meowing to the dogs.  I can't blame him; he hadn't met many dogs up until this point, and with cats at home he very well may have thought all furry four-legged creatures meowed.   However, for those keen dog owners listening to my son as he patted their dog, I wonder what they thought of our kid who meows at dogs?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would have gotten a kick out of it :)