As Evan approached the end of his 10th month of age, he started showing off more new skills. He is now waving (not always on call, but more and more each day it seems). He is also seriously teething right now. He has two new teeth coming in on top (maybe even three). I had reported one of these new top teeth in a recent blog post, but didn't realize he has at least two breaking through at once. This means I can see a total of 5 teeth in his mouth now (two on the bottom and one on top that are fairly grown in, and two new ones popping through on either side of his top tooth).
Thus, he's also still been quite fussy and really starting to do a lot of screaming. Some are so high pitch they really pierce my eardrums. I am definitely not a fan of this sound. I read it's a common phase, and yes I sure hope it is just a phase...and a short one at that!
Evan is starting to say more "words", especially it seems he is trying to repeat words we say. For example, he's been saying "up" (initially, and still most often, it sounds more like "bup"). Just the other day I was holding him outside by a tree, and I pointed to it and said "tree" and he repeated me saying "tee". We did that a few times and then when John walked up I pointed and said "There's daddy", and he said "dah dee" in a cute high, baby tone of voice.
He's definitely getting more sturdy at standing and easily cruises from one thing to the next now. And he's also learning how to bend down and pick things up while standing.
He also can now officially get himself into seated position on his own. He really has been able to do it since he started crawling with his tummy off the floor in a regular hands and knees crawl. But that has only been for the past few weeks...
I'll have more updates when I write his 11-month post, but it's been pretty busy around here lately with our 4th of July trip we just took and a workshop that I'm leading at work this weekend and into next week. So I am not sure how soon I'll get that update posted, thus I just wanted to at least make note of some of Evan's new tricks before they were old news. And it doesn't take long for that to be the case, as just tonight he started pushing his wheeled walker toy along all on his own!
1 comment:
I'm so impressed with his words. :) I have to say, we had a long screeching phase, but I think it's gone now- replaced instead by throwing herself face down on the floor and kicking her arms and legs when she's mad. I'm not sure which is worse.
Post a Comment