Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm his ma ma!

When I walked in the door as I was getting home from work last night, I could hear in the distance a faint "ma ma".  It was Evan using his "singing" tone of baby voice (so cute) and I immediately ran into the kitchen where John was feeding him dinner to find out if he said that because of me?  John said that Evan has been saying "ma ma" every time the phone rings now (because when I call John puts it on speaker so he must be starting to associate that with me calling), and he must have also gotten used to the routine that it was me coming in the door?

Whether or not it was a coincidence that he said ma ma as I walked in the door, I got one more source of reinforcement last night that he really meant me when he said ma ma.

I was working on my computer at the kitchen table when Evan crawled over to me.  While under the table he climbed up my legs to a standing position at my lap.  While I had noticed he was there, what really got my attention was him saying "ma ma".  Oh...my...gosh...was that the coolest thing for me to hear!  I picked him up and gave him some big cuddles...and want to cherish that moment forever!

Beyond "ma ma", he also still seems to say "da da" when he sees John, so I think he's got that association down as well.  Moreover, John said that yesterday during their walk, every time Evan saw a tree he was say "tee".  Thus, I also think he may have gotten that one down too.  I feel like this all just happened overnight that not only did he start saying some of these words, but that suddenly he also associates them with the right meaning?  I'm just astonished and can't believe that my little baby has gotten so big!


No comments: