This is a little late coming on the blog (it's been a busy last few weeks so lots to catch up on!), but I have some very exciting news!
It's official…Emma knows how to call me "ma ma"!
The first time this happened was the day after her 10-month birthday when I dropped her off at daycare. She was waving bye bye to me and said "ma-ma". Those two syllables, quite distinct and abrupt, you could tell she was trying very hard to say it just like that. It was the sweetest moment ever. She was waving bye bye to ma ma! It was so sweet that is made me tear up a bit…because of course just as she called to me for the first time, I was leaving her! :(
The second time it happened was just one or two days later in the middle of night. She was babbling and whining wanting her middle of the night snack. By the time I got to her crib and she knew I was there she said "ma ma", just like she had done at the daycare drop off.
Now she didn't say it too much since then, but yesterday when I got home from work she crawled toward the door saying it. It's such a warm welcome home!
Emma on her 10-month birthday. She wouldn't keep the hair clip in, but at this point decided to try to put it back in herself. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment