Saturday, June 14, 2014

On using the "mesh" solid food feeder

I never got one of these for Evan, but I did some research and bought the Kidsme food feeder for Emma a few months ago.  It's not truly a mesh feeder, but it got rave reviews for that very reason (i.e. easier to clean than the other more common mesh bag style feeders on the market).  I agree…it's very easy to clean and use.  Now, it's just a matter of finding foods to put in it that Emma likes.

The first time I thought to use the feeder with Emma, I thought I'd put a few fresh blueberries in it.  She'd already had blueberries mixed with pears from a jar of baby food, so I knew she liked them and didn't seem to have an allergy to them.  However, she really wasn't a fan of the fresh blueberries (or perhaps the blueberries on their own without being mixed with pears).  While she didn't like the flavor, did like the concept of feeding herself and at least having something new to play with.


And a video of "Not a fresh blueberries fan".  Even though the blueberries weren't a hit, the feeder was since she liked playing with it!


A few days later I tried fresh peaches in the feeder.  She liked the peaches enough to keep feeding them to herself, even though they must have tasted a bit sour to her (given the faces she'd make after each taste).

Video of "Emma feeds herself peaches"

All in all, based just on the two times we've tried it so far, I am a fan of it.  It's very easy to clean, and it gives her something to feed herself with while I am fixing a meal or while the rest of us eat our meals, plus it's the first step toward her learning how to feed herself too!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll totally have to try one of these! Looks much better than the mesh one.