Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday marvels...Memorial Day special

1.  What a way to celebrate Memorial Day...small towns in this country (or at least the one I'm from) certainly knows how to honor those who have passed before us!  Between the bounties of flowers on the grave sites, there are full size flags surrounding the cemetery and lining all of the roads within it, along with small flags at each site of a veteran.  And what amazes me is that someone gets up at the crack of dawn to put each of the flags up and then takes them down every night, each day of the long holiday weekend.  Dedication!



2.  My son enjoyed his first tractor pull (while I say first, I'm not sure how many he'll see, but if his love of trucks and so forth continues, he may ask to go to more).  He wasn't scared by the noise, he paid attention to each, and then would clap after it was done.

Putting on his shades to watch the tractor pull with his cousins.

3.  Yesterday I had one of those moments where I thought to myself "My baby is not a baby anymore".  It happened while I was spending the morning outside at my family farm with Evan.  Earlier in the day, Evan had discovered the swings with his cousin Kaylee (who's pretty much the same age as him).  Thus, after that first time swinging in a big boy swing by himself, he wanted more and more.  He probably could have swung all day long if I'd have let him.  But as I spent that time with him outside, pushing him in that big boy swing among the peace and beauty of my family farm, it was just one of those moments.

Having that moment.

Earlier in the day...when he found his love for the big boy swing.

4.  Can I just say I absolutely love it when Evan just randomly snuggles me or walks over to me to give me a hug.  It's happened a couple times in the past few days, and it just makes my heart melt.  I love that little guy!!

5.  All the cousins got to spend the last couple days together, for the very first time.  Children from my brother, sister, and me.  *Special*



No comments: