Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cute sounds--Part 2

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about all of the cute sounds Evan makes now.  Since that time, he has continued to practice most of those sounds, plus explore a lot more babbling in his own language.  I love hearing his conversations with himself!

A few more words that he seems to be attempting to say are "Bah" (bottle) and "Bup" (brush).  At least, that's what I guess he's attempting, as he says "bah" when we're getting his bottle ready and tonight after his bath, he said "bup" as soon as I got his brush out to brush his hair.  He also tried to brush his own hair, but it was more like he shoved the brush end into his forehead.  Cute attempt though!

He also sometimes puffs air out of his mouth now (an airy "pooo" sound) and while he's been doing it for awhile, I don't think I've mentioned that he sometimes likes to do heavy breathing through his nose to the point that it's audible.  He does this to copy us often times after we've heavily sighed or something, usually when we don't even realize we've done it, but then we make it into a back and forth repeating game (something like: I snuff snuff exhale, then he'll snuff snuff exhale...).

And to give an example of the cute sounds he makes, I finally got one of his  baby yodel's on video.  I had to prompt him to say it though, but I got it! :)

Video of Evan's Baby yodel

No comments: