Evan's new playroom is finally ready for use. Sure, we still have some finishing touches to add (i.e. baseboards, actual furniture for us to sit on, etc), but we got carpet installed and his toys moved in. When we first took him down there to test out all of his "new" toys, it was like Christmas in June. Thanks to a lot of garage sale steals, there were so many toys for Evan to try out. He played at his "new" leap frog activity table (this one has a ball drop in it that he really likes), he banged on the xylophone piano (and still really seems to enjoy making his own music on it!), and he even crawled inside the pop up tent/fort thing. However, we learned that he absolutely loves the corn popper push toy. As soon as I started pushing it around, he just started to squeal! He can't push it himself since it doesn't have enough support for him to walk with, so I helped him walk while I pushed it around and he had a ball! He walked so fast (I was amazed at how fast his little legs would go) chasing after it.
Check out a video of Evan and I pushing the popper push toy
Even though there is an assortment of "new" toys to play with, the one day that I've taken my laptop down to try to do some work while he played, he still likes to come all the way to where I am to work on my laptop with me! Luckily, Auntie Elly brought him an old play laptop that his cousin doesn't use anymore, and so now I'm trying to train him to use that while I'm working on my laptop. We'll see if he gets the message or if Mom's is always what he wants!
2 comments:
I'll have to get one of those corn popper things, looks like fun!
Amy, don't you guys have the popper push car? I think Evan would like one of those...since he could push it himself already. And while this video didn't quite capture it, he really was squealing when we first brought this toy out (and every time since). It never fails that when you think "I should video this" it's after he's done it so much he is almost over it for the moment. :P
Post a Comment