We get a fair amount of snow here, but it is not always "wet enough" for making good snowmen. As a result, in all the years John has lived here, he's never built a real (i.e. taller than a foot) snowman. A few weeks ago we got a big snowstorm while I was out of town at a conference for work. The kids and John got our and played in it soon after it fell, but it was too powdery for snowmen making. But by the weekend when I was home, it had started to melt a bit and was perfect for snowmen building. I built a traditional three snowball snowman. Emma helped me a bit by making her own head for it, which she put on top all on her own, but it was a little too small. :) John decided to build Olaf, and did quite a good job at it! Evan was preoccupied with turning our blow up Santa on and off, so he didn't get in any of the photos with the snowmen, but he initially did try helping me with mine.
Our snowman with the head Emma made for him
Emma by our snowman
John and his Olaf
Olaf likes warm hugs
Our family creations
When I was in San Francisco for that conference, I had picked up a sourdough bread in the shape of a snowman for the kids, which turned out to be very appropriate given we just made our own snowmen. So after we got inside we had hot cocoa and the kids dined on the snowman bread. A fun Saturday was had by all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment