Friday, January 15, 2016

A Friday Funny: Potty Word Songs

Warning: this post will contain potty words.  That's one thing about how having a 4-year-old boy in the house--I get to hear lots of potty words, whether I want to or not, and even when we don't really allow it, it's inevitable given his love of all things potty. Since I luckily have a sense of tumor that can handle this, I can sometimes get enjoyment out of this. 

Case and point: new song lyrics that Evan created the other night. Both kids sing "Let it go" from Frozen a lot, especially with their new microphones they got for Christmas. One night, while they were both singing it into their microphones before bed, Evan decided to change the lyrics and sing "Let it poop". He exchanged key words with "poop" throughout his performance.  I didn't want to reinforce the behavior, but it honestly cracked me up! His alternate word choice just worked out to be so funny in so many of the lines he changed. My favorite lines were:

  • "Let it poop, let it poop, can't hold it back anymore" (instead of "Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore")
  • "Here I poop, and here I poop" (instead of "Here I stand and here I stay")
  • And my all-time favorite that made me fall over laughing (as if the previous hadn't already gotten me started enough): "It's time to see what I can poop..." (instead of "It's time to see what I can do...")

I am not sure he really understood the clever alternate meanings behind his word exchanges, but it sure made for a good laugh for me (and John couldn't contain himself either, even though he at first tried to scold me for laughing because it did only reinforce Evan to keep it up).  You can't deny...what's funny, is funny. :)

No comments: