Saturday, October 18, 2014

Great autumn weather for…portraits!

Last weekend was a beautiful autumn day and we took advantage of the good weather and played outside.  I also took advantage of the great late day sunlight to get some home portraits of the kids.  Of course, it's not easy to get both kids to cooperate, but I think I got a few that are pretty good. Some have smiles and some are more serious, but I think some of the more serious ones just look more artsy to me. :)



There were also a few that weren't as good, but I thought were still kind of funny.  Especially the sequence where Evan thought it was more fun to look through the hole in the fence, and then the one blooper of a shot where Evan's all squinty and Emma, well let's just say she looks like she isn't very comfortable. lol.


I also took a few of each kid on their own.  I love the one of Emma looking sideways that I got at a bit of an angle.  To be honest, I think Evan was "helping" me when I took that one, which is what gives it the edge (angles) that I love about it, in addition to how she's posed almost like a model.


Evan was playing at the tree trunk, it was a natural place for me to try to snap a few of him.  Unfortunately, the sunlight was getting on his face in some, but otherwise, he cooperated for a few photos pretty good.


We finished up after taking the photos by playing.  This included Emma going for a drive thanks to her big brother helping push her!


1 comment:

Amy said...

I especially love the first one! So cute.