Whether I'm indoors or out, it seems I just can't keep cool. I sweat a ton (yuck!), and have found myself choosing to wear more dresses lately to try to keep cooler. Sitting in the car on the 30-min drive home from work, even amidst air conditioning, I still find myself sweating up a storm. Anything around my large belly is fair game for overheating. Take, for example, that as my belly gets larger and hangs onto my lap while I'm sitting, my lap gets so hot! I've been telling everyone I know that my little bun in the oven, truly is in a little oven!
That said, I'm still glad it's summertime (I think I'd have this overheating issue no matter what season it is, since it happens even when I'm inside air conditioned buildings, like at work). One of our recent summery expeditions, despite the heat, was to the annual air show at the airport where John works. Every year this show takes place in mid-to-late August and so it seems a guarantee to be a very hot and sunny day. Pair that with walking around on a shadeless black tarmac and you are destined to get hot. Then add in being 34 weeks pregnant (as I was at the time of the air show last week) and all the walking, sun, heat, and sweating was pretty much torture for me. But at least Evan got to see some airplanes up close and flying overhead, which he definitely enjoyed.
At least from this distance you can't see what a sweaty mess I was at the time we took this photo!

No comments:
Post a Comment