As of a couple weeks ago, here is the word/sound list that I had compiled (his pronunciation is in parentheses):
daddy, ma ma, milk (bup), poo poo, up, down, ball (baow), done, bunny, tree (dee), puff (buff), bye bye, night night time (nigh nigh tah), bath (baff), bottle (bobble), plane (bayn), mmmmmm, my my my, uh oh, poo poo change (chech), feet (eet), nuh uh (uh uh), again (ghen), hat (at), choo choo, that (dat), keys (gheesh), penguin (pah-ghee), next (net), bubble (bah-bull), cheese (chees), cheerio (chee-oh), tv (tee-ee), cookie (cuh-kee), Nana (nan nan), Papa (pop pop or bop bop), teeth (teef), chicken (bah-bah-bah), naughty (nah-tee), oatmeal (oat), boat, mess
The animal sounds he makes are:
lion (roar), tassie devil (roar), cat's meow (mum), dog's panting, chicken bok bok (bah bah), horse's pbew (I have no idea how to spell that sound!), monkey (ah ah), kookaburra (kook kook), snake (sssss), cow's moo (though he's just starting to do this one, so it's been hit or miss)
New words that I noticed just in the past week or so...
out, go, bus, star (dah or stah), car (cah), truck (duck), clock (cock), off, on, book, milk (mik)*, moon (moo), bread (brit), Tyrah, raspberry (buh-ree), eggs, waffle (wah-faf), pancake (puh-kay), eyes, nose, potty (paw-dee), birdie (buh-dee), oh no, oopsy, please (pees), pouch (pitch), belly button (butt-ee), home (ohm), um, row row
*Note that he's said milk for quite some time, but only in the past few days has he started to make it sound more like milk.
One thing that I think has helped his vocabulary lately is that he seems to always be asking us "what's that?" (dat?!). This happens while we're out and about, driving in the car, or even reading books. He has a few word books that have lots of pictures that he loves to point to, especially his "My First 123s" book. He used to just flip to pages with soccer balls, but lately he's asking about other words too. Tonight, it sounded like he was trying to say kangaroo (on the page with 1 kangaroo), and he asked me about what many of the pictures on the number 7 page were: backpacks, pears, and repeatedly about the cheeseburgers. Over and over, he'd say "dat?!" while pointing to the seven cheeseburgers, and right after I'd say "cheeseburger" he'd laugh semi-hysterically. He did this so much that he gave himself hiccups, and made me start to laugh with him, since it was just too funny and cute. There must be something awfully silly sounding about the word cheeseburger! I can't wait to hear him try to say that one, and at the rate he's going, I may not have to wait very long!
1 comment:
Aren't new words so much fun? I like his word for clock. :)
Post a Comment