One week from today John, Evan, and I will be on our way to Australia! We are so excited for the opportunity for Evan to meet his Australian family, see his father's native country, and spend the holidays in the warm Queensland sun. Not to mention we're dying to have a pie and iced coffee at Beefy's on our drive up to the Sunshine Coast!
However, all of the excitement is currently being masked by stress and anxiety! We have a lot of things to take care of here before we can leave for such a long period of time and be at peace knowing our house, cats, and other affairs are in order. We've got a cat/house sitter lined up and put the mail on hold. I've almost gotten the holiday shopping done (thought it's quite limited this year compared to most!). And I've started to compile things that we'll need to pack.
In order to keep track of all that we have to do, I've been making many lists these past few weeks. What to buy for groceries one week. What to pack for our road trip that we took to Kansas/Nebraska last week for Thanksgiving. What to buy for Christmas gifts. What to pack for Australia. What to get done before we leave for Oz. You get the idea. One of the most important things to get done before we leave is to line up childcare for when we return in January. This is the most stressful of all for me because it means giving Evan away during the days to someone I don't really know. We have now organized interviews with a handful of daycares, and will hopefully be able to make a decision on who to go with early next week before we leave. Nothing like saving it until the last minute though!
Besides the quest for a childcare provider and all of the lists of things to buy and pack, we also have several other appointments to attend. Tomorrow morning is Evan's 4-month check up! He will get more shots (boooo!) and he will be weighed and measured. I'm dying to know how much he weighs now, as it's been over a month since I took him to a weigh-in clinic! I have had a few medical appointments this week as well, including a follow up with my dentist regarding my new crown. Could this last week home get any busier?
Either way, while I had hoped to post stories and pictures from our Thanksgiving trip by now, I'm afraid I'm too caught up in the mad rush of the final countdown until our trip next week that I will likely not have time to write again until after we're down under. By that time, we'll have plenty of stories to share, including how Evan handled the long trip and plane flights.
Speaking of Evan stories, I have always felt that infants travel much better than toddlers on airplanes, because they don't really throw tantrums and scream and yell. Infant cries are often pretty quiet and easily muffled by the airplane engine white noise. However, Evan has recently started screeching! He does so in excitement, so nothing like a tantrum, but either way it is an ear-piercing sound that I am sure will not please our airplane seat neighbors. Let's hope he keeps those little outbursts to a minimum!
Okay, write at least one quick blog post....check! What's next?
No comments:
Post a Comment