Christmas morning came this year and no one got sick overnight (like had happened to Emma the past two years in a row) and Santa was very generous yet again. One odd story was that Evan came into our bedroom in the morning saying Santa had come, but yet since the living room lights were all off he couldn't see what was there. I told him to let me get my camera ready to video and then we'd go. Well, as I opened up my camera the last picture that I took was up, and sure enough right away he said "I got light sabers! yay!!", so the initial first sight of what Santa left was a almost ruined, yet he still had a blast and didn't seem any the wiser after I just told him I had taken that earlier in the morning before he woke up. Santa brought Evan light sabers and a Batmobile (a Bat Bot) just like he'd asked for, and Santa brought Emma a microphone that she'd been asking for as well as a new dollhouse. They both loved it all. Evan had also asked for a watch, and he did say "oh, he didn't give me my watch", but then immediately after that he looked at the tree and said "wait, there it is!" pointing to the watch box shaped wrapped gift. At that time, he didn't even know that was addressed to him, but he recognized the shape of the box and assumed it was his...and he was right. What a clever boy!
Santa's been! Full stockings lots of pressies, and no cookies left!
In their stockings, they got toothbrushes, new spoon/fork sets, candy, and other little odds and ends. Nanna and Auntie Sarah got lots of goodies in their stockings too. :)
Before opening wrapped gifts, we sat the kids by their huge piles of presents. As always, they get so much! Evan wanted to open his watch right away. He was so thrilled about it. I think that was my favorite gift that he wanted and got this year, since it was the first time he didn't want just a toy! Uncle Mitch got it for him, and he was so excited to try it out right away.
Evan loves his new (and first) watch!
As always, the kids like to help others open their gifts too. Everyone was pretty excited to see Daddy's new GoPro camera that Nanna and Auntie Sarah splurged to get him. He was totally not expecting that and yet he loved it!
Louise and Sarah seemed pretty happy with their gifts too. Here is a shot I got of Louise when she opened the personalized picture ornament I made for her with photos of the kids on it. :) The highlight of the day for Sarah was that she saw snowflakes falling outside...making it a White Christmas! At first it was just the slightest amount of snow, but then it did fall a bit heavier and Sarah and Emma went out to enjoy it!
It's a White Christmas!
Dancing in the snow!
The awe and wonder of snow on Christmas morning!
It was really quite a perfect Christmas. Having our family visiting and a bounty of gifts for the kids to wake up to, as well as heaps of smiles from them throughout the day, with snow to top it all off, made it a wonderful holiday. :)

































No comments:
Post a Comment