While it was certainly disappointing to have to come home early and miss out on half of our planned Thanksgiving holiday travel, it was nice to be home and get the Christmas tree set up and decorated before the busy weeks of December began. It is also nice to have the kids at an age where they can help take part in this annual tradition. Of course, their ornaments and decorations were clustered near the bottom of the tree, but they especially liked hanging the ornaments that were their very own. I hope someday when they have a home and Christmas tree of their own that they will still enjoy hanging their ornaments as much as I enjoy hanging the ornaments I was given as a baby.
Of course, getting out the decorations meant we found our Santa hats and reindeer ears. Had to give them some wear!
Each of them took pride in hanging their ornaments.
While I was doing some early holiday shopping I found a LED multicolored light up tree that reminded me very much of some of the Christmas decor John's mum had out during the holidays we've spent in Australia. I snagged it and brought it home to serve as our dining table centerpiece for the holidays and dubbed it the "Nanna tree", since it was like her decorations. I asked Evan to smile in a photo with it and every time I said "Say cheese!" he'd say "Goofy cheese!" and then make this silly puckered lips face. So there you have it. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment