Saturday, December 26, 2015

Boxing Day sledding and a bald eagle

While I have a lot of catch up to do, I wanted to start right in where we are at today and that is sledding!  We had a wonderful easy going Christmas at home yesterday (just the four of us, though would have been perfect if our little Emma hadn't been sick, more on that soon).  Our Christmas Day ended with a nice snowfall, giving us a white Christmas!  So today, pending Emma feeling better, we were all set to do some sledding for the first time this season.  I was hoping that Emma being a year older and having already shown more interest in snow play than last year, would enjoy it this year too.

The good news is that she was both feeling better and enjoyed it!  The bad news is we only have one sled so we had to keep taking turns.  I'm pretty sure both kids would have gone down the hill nonstop if it weren't for the single sled issue.  Time to get more sleds for next time! :)  Here are a few photos from the outing.








Toward the end of the morning, we were treated to a low flying bald eagle fly over!  It was amazing to see one fly so low right over us.  And then he flew up and landed on the power pole right by where we were sledding.  Sadly, cell phone cameras don't have very good zoom, but I took a few anyway.  And then after we went home I got our better zoom camera and went back to snap a few more before he flew away.  Luckily he was still there so I did get a few decent shots, as I came up behind him, but unfortunately he flew away while I was walking to get a vantage point from his front side, and I didn't see him leave, otherwise I would have loved to get some in flight shots as he left.  Either way, it was such a treat to be able to watch him from so close, and the kids enjoyed that too (especially Emma). 

Sneaking up behind him, so glad he was still there when I came back with the better camera.

Hi Mr. Bald Eagle!

No comments: