Thursday, June 25, 2015

Throwback Thursday: An old nightgown


Sorry that this is not the best photo, but it's really hard these days to get a non-blurry photo of these two high-energy kids!  Especially in poor lighting.  Anyway, I had to snap a photo of these kids before bed the other night because it was the first time I put Emma in this nightgown.  When I texted this photo to my sister, she asked right away if it was my old one or a new one that was designed as a throwback.  And while it is an old, or really I should say "classic" (how dare I refer to myself as old!) nightgown, it is not my old one.  I found it at a local consignment sale recently.  When I saw it on the rack, it brought back heaps of memories! So I would love to say it's my nightgown from when I was a kid, but alas, I doubt I still have mine, nor would mine have fit Emma yet (I'm pretty sure I had mine like this when I was school age, but definitely older than Emma now, but if I find mine going through my old boxes in the basement I'll have another for Emma to wear as she gets older).  However, this is an authentic old school Cabbage Patch Kids nightgown, from Sears.  Me and my sister had something almost exactly, if not exactly, the same when I was a kid.  If I can find a photo of myself in this nightgown, I'll post an update to this later.  Anyone else remember this relic?

No comments: