First up, John and my anniversary. We had the luxury of going to a movie while Sarah and Louise watched the kids! I think the last time we had that luxury was on our anniversary last year!
The next day was Louise's birthday and we had planned to go to Estes Park for the day. However, similar to on John's birthday this year when we'd also planned to go to Estes, we had a sick kid that kept us close to home. This time it was Emma (it was Evan sick on John's birthday).
Emma had woken up in the middle of the night with a croup-like cough. So I called the doctor the next morning, but the clinic was booked full. They had me speak with a doctor on the phone who recommended that Emma be seen that day. So they were going to talk to the doctor and call me back to let me know if there was a chance of them squeezing her in. Therefore, we stayed close to home (went to a nice birthday lunch in town as well as shopped around our downtown shops) waiting for that call all day. No call ever came (highly annoyed). I called back before the clinic closed, but was put on hold for so long and by that point I was ready to take her to Children's urgent care that night anyway (no appointment needed for that!). Sarah went with me, which was nice to have company. There was a bit of a wait and a very full waiting room! However, we must have just come at the end of a wave because our wait wasn't nearly as long as they indicated. In the end, we got great service (I've always loved the physicians at Children's!), and we found out yes Emma had croup and also some puss in her right ear! It wasn't red yet, so it wasn't necessarily an infection, but the doc advised to put her on antibiotics along with giving her the steroid medication for her croup.
Birthday lunch!
Birthdays aren't complete without chocolate, ice cream, and other sweet treats!
Evan with the pig outside the ice cream parlor
I also had been sick for over two weeks by this time and sounded pretty croupy myself. The doc even advised me to go see my physician and said it's been a really bad season for this stuff this year. (I didn't go until after the weekend). The weather over the weekend got pretty windy, so we didn't want to venture outside too much and therefore had to find things to do indoors. We spent time playing at home, but also decided to try out the new family fun center in town. Evan loved it, and so did Emma (though she took a little while to warm up to it…especially took her awhile to be willing to go in the ball pit, but once she did she loved it too!). Evan loved climbing in the play area, as well as the video game arcade too. It was affordable and is so close to home, so I think we'll definitely have to go back!
Tea party at home with Nanna and Giraffe
Trampoline! (I didn't get any non-blurry pictures of Evan on the trampoline!)
Ball pit!
The next few days we finished up our Christmas shopping (including a very long day of shopping that ended at nearly midnight, thanks to the extended shopping hours at most stores), and making Christmas sweets. I had already made fudge, peanut clusters, and toffee over the weekend, but we dipped pretzels and made (and decorated) cookies as well. Evan enjoyed helping with all of the decorating and cutting out the cookie shapes. It was so much fun to have him be part of the fun. While I know he enjoyed the act of decorating the treats, he also equally enjoyed sneaking a taste as well! Emma watched from her high chair for most of it, but wasn't happy being strapped in and not able to partake in the fun unless she was snacking on something of her own. After all of the things we made, I don't think we'll have a shortage of sweet treats anytime soon!
Taste test
The finished products!
Finished his cookie that he made for Santa

















1 comment:
That place in Longmont looks fun! I don't think Nora has ever been in a ball pit before.
Post a Comment