The copy cat phase
He is such a copy cat these days. He wants to do what someone else is doing, whether it's Emma or another kid. If Emma falls, he'll fall. If she makes a certain sound, he'll start making that sound, if Kaylee (his cousin) needed to use the potty, then so did he. I have used this to my advantage though. For example, when I needed him and his cousin to help me pick up toys, neither responded to my request for their help until I asked them who is a really good helper? Then Kaylee sprang up and said she was and so then Evan did too, and then both of them helped me pick up the toys!
Common things he says
"the last day"--this means yesterday or any day in the past.
"why mommy, why?"--see the explanation in my post about our recent trip to visit family
"it scares my ears"--this means a loud sound that scared him and/or was loud on his ears
"Lightning the queen"--aka Lightning McQueen
"you're underminding me!"--he says this when he's mad at us, probably means to say undermining, although he really doesn't know what it means
"The farmer takes the white"--Second verse of Farmer and the Dell, Evan style
Some funny and cute things he's said
John wasn't feeling well one night and had laid in bed early. Evan had snuggled in with him and decided he was going to sleep in our bed that night. He had told me he was going to sleep in Daddy's bed, and I asked him "Oh really?", to which he replied "Yes" (short pause) "indeed". I don't know if it was his use of the word "indeed" (which I'd never heard him use before), or the fact that he paused in the way that he did that made me crack up more!
One last note
Evan has a crazy good memory! On our way to Papa's farm recently, he asked if Donovan and "the other kids" would be there (meaning my sister's kids/his cousins that live in Hawaii) because they were at the farm last time we were. However, that was 16 months ago…roughly half of his life ago!! After I told him they weren't going to be there, then he asked me if there would be basketballs…another thing he remembered from the last time we were there!
No comments:
Post a Comment