Friday, July 4, 2014

All in just the past two weeks...

I already wrote a post about some of the new stuff Emma started doing RIGHT after her 9-month birthday…but there's more yet!

I feel like she's learning new things at an extremely fast pace lately, and if I don't keep logging them now I'll forget by her next monthly update!  Here are a few more new things she's doing:

1) She has clearly shown me that she knows what I'm saying…she waves (and sometimes says) bye bye when I say "bye bye", and she even just waves her hand (sometimes) when I tell her to wave.

2) She also claps her hands now and has even done that on cue when I told her to clap her hands!

3) She's saying bye bye ("buh buh") and also peek-a-boo (usually just "boo", but sometimes even something like blah-blah "boo" where the blah blah is some indiscernible sound, but it seems like she's making them to mimic the syllables of peek-a-boo)!

4) She's pulling herself up onto her knees a lot, and if the item she's using to pull herself up is short enough she'll pull herself to standing (i.e. leaning on her car seat or a short sturdy box…the couch is just a bit too high for her to get to her feet on her own yet).
Here she is up on her knees…"helping" with the laundry (her latest favorite thing…to pull the clothes out of the basket!)

5) She's drinking very well on her own using her sippy cup, and I managed to get a little video of that.

See video of "Emma tipping the cup"

6) She also has a good pincer grasp…I finally tested it out by giving her a puff snack for the first time.  She didn't eat it, but she certainly pinched it right up and played with it for awhile.

7) She has been sleeping ALL the way through the night for the past two nights!  Bedtime around 8pm and then she wakes around 7:15-7:30am.  We'll see if this continues, but for now I've certainly enjoyed the unbroken sleep!

No comments: