1. Evan has really started doing more imaginary play and I love it! The other day he found his aviator hat, put it on and asked me to help put on the goggles too (in the past he'd seemed afraid of them!), and then he "flew" around the house. Such a cutie pie. This happened to also occur on the day he really wanted to wear his airplane sweater vest. We were just at a friend's home today and he found some toy airplanes that he "flew" around their house. He's definitely into airplanes for sure!
My little aviator "flying" around the house!
2. Speaking of being at the friend's house today, we met up with two of my friends and their kids actually and took a walk to the neighborhood park and then had lunch. It was lovely. Fun for me to talk to my other mom friends and fun for the kids to play. Evan and Nora even held hands on the way home from the park. Totally adorable!
He was really loving holding her hand :)
3. Emma loves to laugh and play games. She thinks her brother and whatever he is doing is terribly funny. She gives big, wide, and sometimes silly, toothless grins. And she loves to play peek-a-boo! She's even learned how to do it herself, by covering her face up with a blanket and pulling it down. I happened to get this on video last night while we were at Chick-fil-a. Such a cutie!
Video of "Emma playing peekaboo"
4. On Monday I flew to Salt Lake City, drove 3 hours to a small town in western Wyoming (arriving just before midnight), stayed the night, attended a meeting Tuesday morning where I gave a presentation, drove back to Salt Lake City (via a nice scenic route, so it took 4 hours), and flew back home arriving home just before midnight. What a whirlwind of a trip…but at least I was only away from the family for one night!
Bear Lake (on the border of Idaho and Utah)…the water looked very aqua from some angles! Gorgeous!
Panoramic shot of Bear Lake from atop the look out area
Me at an overlook of Bear Lake (thanks to another tourist for taking the shot!)
5. Emma is doing a great job sitting up on her own now. I don't need to put the Boppy pillow around her as long as she's not sitting near something she could bump her head into if she toppled. However, Evan gets concerned so he sits behind her and helps hold her sometimes. As a result, I've been able to get some new photos of the two of them sitting together (and Evan even smiled for the camera again! Woohoo!).
Love these two!









1 comment:
Thanks for posting those photos! Hope you don't mind if I saved them to my computer. So cute! Also I love the pictures of Evan in his aviator glasses... so funny.
Post a Comment