This past weekend we all had a day off together and decided to go shopping for furniture for Evan's big boy room. Up until now, he's been sleeping on his big boy (i.e. twin/single) mattress, but it's just been on the floor. Since he's been sleeping in it alright (no falling out, etc) we had been wanting to get a bed and matching furniture for him for a little while now, so we finally took the leap.
On the drive to the furniture store Evan said some pretty cute things. First of all, as we went past an agricultural field he told us "Look! It grows food for us!" I find it amazing that he remembered that, given it was a few months ago that we drove by a field and he asked "what's that?" While I don't know for sure what he was looking at, I just told him that it was a field where our food grows. I had told him to pay attention to it during the summer to watch the crops grow.
Then a little bit later, we must have gone down a little hill because he started saying "Makes my tummy feel tickle-ee…going down the hill." (Yes, he pronounced tickly as if it had 3 syllables…very cute!)
Anyway, when we got to the store, we let Evan "help" pick things out (mostly we just asked him to get on the bed to make sure he could get up onto it and then tell us if he liked it). It was pretty cute, because he climbed on several beds and told us things like "it's comfortable" or "this is cozy", all the while bouncing on the beds too of course.
The full furniture set that we got wasn't completely in stock that day, so we had to wait a day to pick it up. Then John spent most all of yesterday assembling it. The dresser took the longest time. Then he put the headboard together. Then finally he got to finish putting the bed together today, which allowed Evan to sleep in his new digs for the first time tonight. I'll try to post pics of the full room all set up soon, but for now here is Evan just before he got his pajamas on pretty excited to sleep in his new big boy bed. On top of his excitement with the new bed and furniture, he went to bed really well all on his own too with very minimal snuggling. What a big boy indeed!
On the drive to the furniture store Evan said some pretty cute things. First of all, as we went past an agricultural field he told us "Look! It grows food for us!" I find it amazing that he remembered that, given it was a few months ago that we drove by a field and he asked "what's that?" While I don't know for sure what he was looking at, I just told him that it was a field where our food grows. I had told him to pay attention to it during the summer to watch the crops grow.
Then a little bit later, we must have gone down a little hill because he started saying "Makes my tummy feel tickle-ee…going down the hill." (Yes, he pronounced tickly as if it had 3 syllables…very cute!)
Anyway, when we got to the store, we let Evan "help" pick things out (mostly we just asked him to get on the bed to make sure he could get up onto it and then tell us if he liked it). It was pretty cute, because he climbed on several beds and told us things like "it's comfortable" or "this is cozy", all the while bouncing on the beds too of course.
The full furniture set that we got wasn't completely in stock that day, so we had to wait a day to pick it up. Then John spent most all of yesterday assembling it. The dresser took the longest time. Then he put the headboard together. Then finally he got to finish putting the bed together today, which allowed Evan to sleep in his new digs for the first time tonight. I'll try to post pics of the full room all set up soon, but for now here is Evan just before he got his pajamas on pretty excited to sleep in his new big boy bed. On top of his excitement with the new bed and furniture, he went to bed really well all on his own too with very minimal snuggling. What a big boy indeed!
One last Evan story from this past weekend: While John was assembling Evan's dresser yesterday, Evan and I played outside. Evan rode his tricycle around the sidewalk. He does such a great job peddling now that he rarely needs me to help push him unless he gets stuck on a crack or a little uphill segment.
See video of "Evan riding his tricycle"
He also likes to look for bugs on the sidewalk. I recently showed him how a roly poly can curl up into a ball and now he's obsessed with finding them and watching them. The cutest thing about it is what he calls them. It started out as "roly poly poly" and now it has become "ropy poly poly poly". Yes, three poly's…so cute. However, after he finished riding his tricycle, we played with the hula hoop by rolling it and then jumping in and out of it while it was laying on the ground. But just as he was running up to jump in it I saw a huge roly poly and I was about to say "Hey Evan check out the HUGE roly poly", when he came up, jumped, and landed right on it! :( He had no idea. He was innocently just jumping into the hula hoop ring. I stopped mid sentence and just let it go. Poor roly poly poly poly.
See video of "Evan riding his tricycle"
He also likes to look for bugs on the sidewalk. I recently showed him how a roly poly can curl up into a ball and now he's obsessed with finding them and watching them. The cutest thing about it is what he calls them. It started out as "roly poly poly" and now it has become "ropy poly poly poly". Yes, three poly's…so cute. However, after he finished riding his tricycle, we played with the hula hoop by rolling it and then jumping in and out of it while it was laying on the ground. But just as he was running up to jump in it I saw a huge roly poly and I was about to say "Hey Evan check out the HUGE roly poly", when he came up, jumped, and landed right on it! :( He had no idea. He was innocently just jumping into the hula hoop ring. I stopped mid sentence and just let it go. Poor roly poly poly poly.

1 comment:
I love his big boy bed! He's so cute. Nora is big into bugs right now too.
Post a Comment