2. Emma is definitely a tummy sleeper. I guess I just have to get used to it, because sometimes at night she'll fuss and then once she gets onto her tummy she'll go right back to sleep on her own. The face plants into the sheets still scare me though.
View from my monitor as I write this (during her nap).
3. I just had a birthday last Monday. I took the day off, and as it turned out John didn't have to work either. We kept Evan home from daycare in the morning and John fixed me a big breakfast and we had a leisurely morning. Then we all got ready, we took Evan to daycare and then John, Emma and I went out to lunch, ice cream, and then did some shopping. It was the first time I'd been in a shopping mall (and shopping for non-maternity clothes for myself) in at least a year! I got my free birthday Starbucks drink, we picked Evan up, and then went to dinner together too. On the way home, Evan and I stopped by the grocery store to pick out a cake. We got chocolate cupcakes...yummy! Evan was so excited to help me blow out my candle, and he did actually help do it too! It was a fun day with my family!
Hanging out with my kiddos on my birthday...If only Evan would have held still!
A little better...
Photos with Emma were easy!
4. My mom and step-dad visited the weekend before my birthday. We went out for dinner, went to the swimming pool, and did some shopping and cooking. Mom helped me cook up a bunch of meat to freeze (for quick meals), as well as package some of the bulk meat and foods we got at Costco into smaller portions for quick meals in the future. It was great having some extra pairs of hands to help cook, clean and watch the kids. Evan loved playing with their dogs (Gibbs in particular). He would follow him around outside and copy everything that Gibbs did (stop and look through the fence, walk to one side of the yard, stop and look off in the distance, etc). It was too cute and funny!
Grandma and Grandpa with the kids. Evan not cooperating (common thing for him these days. Maybe he's like his dad in not liking his picture taken?)
Nope...if he can see himself on the screen he's all smiles! (I rotated the camera so he could see himself to get this one!)
5. Shopping with both kids is now quite stressful for me again. Evan doesn't like to sit in the car part of the cart at the grocery store anymore (but I can bribe him to sit in it for snacks at least), but he's run away from me a few times lately at stores so I really want him buckled in somewhere.
The first runaway time was with Grandma and Grandpa last weekend at Toys R Us. Luckily I was able to leave Emma in the cart with my mom so I could literally run after him. He zig zagged around the clothes racks and then all the way down the back aisle to the far corner of the store. At first when I was trying to keep up with him pushing the cart with Emma, I fear she was having the ride of her life (going so fast and making quick turns as I tried to navigate the aisles/clothes racks that Evan ran past).
Then he did it again when we were buying my cupcakes for my birthday (John was with Emma in the car). I was paying at the check out and he decided to run away, so I had to run and grab him and then come back to finish paying.
This past weekend at the grocery store when he refused to get in the "car" part, I kept him happy and nearby as he helped me pick out the fruits and vegetables. Then I convinced him to get into the car to have his snacks while I did the rest of the shopping. That worked out and all went well, so we got Starbucks at the end of the shopping trip since he had been so good. However, after that he didn't want to go back into the cart and started to try to run away/ahead of me out the door (my worst fear...into the parking lot/traffic!). I used that monstrosity of a cart to block his path on the side of the main entrance/exit doors and then went and picked him up while he fought and screamed. I was in the middle of scolding him (quietly though) about how dangerous that was (while standing to the side of the main entry of the store) when a nice old lady offered to help me push my cart so I could carry him. I told her how he was trying to run away, but that I could probably manage (after all, the offer for help was nice but I felt bad accepting help pushing my monster cart from an old lady!). She told me she had several kids in her time and remembered what it was like. What a sweet woman. Anyway, I managed to get Evan to hold my hand and then I pushed the cart with the other hand over to our car. This is not a phase I like at all! :(










No comments:
Post a Comment