Yes, Bamm-Bamm (from The Flintstones) was a boy and Emma is a girl, but the namesake couldn't be more appropriate for our baby girl these days. First of all, she's in a bit of a cave(wo)man speaking phase. She does a lot more grunting than gurgling or cooing at the moment. I recall Evan also was a bit of a grunter at one point too (I think we even called him our little caveman at times).
And then to top it off, she's in a phase where she is so proud of her ability to grasp toys that she grabs them and swings them around. Most recently, she's realized most of them make noise when she bangs them, so she'll swing her arm up and down with the toy in hand listening to its rattles, bangs, or squeaks as it hits the floor, her rocking chair, or even my arm/hand/lap (ouch!). I was lucky enough to capture a short video as an example. In this case, it's her poor Sophie the Giraffe that is being beaten.
Video of "Our little Bamm-Bamm"
And therefore I give you why I hereby have nicknamed her my little Bamm-Bamm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment