Ever since Evan took those first steps, he's quickly gained much more confidence in his abilities to balance and "walk". He loves the "game" where he walks back and forth between mommy and daddy, though he really loves it because he gets to fall into each of our arms and get caught. (He just gets too excited to concentrate on balancing.) Thus, we stopped playing that game after a few nights realizing he wasn't really trying to walk doing it. Rather, he was in fact trying to fall. It worried us that we might not catch him, or worse he'd fall as our hands are reaching out to catch him and he'd get a finger poke to his face or something. His movements are just becoming that much harder to predict and could have bad consequences (more on this soon in another post).
Anyway, we don't have to play that game anymore because Evan is quite confident to just walk straight away from the couch or whatever he's holding onto now. He's usually down within a few steps, but the motivation is there, so I'm sure it won't be long before he'll make it farther. A lot the time when Evan takes his steps, he does it like he's doing a baby shuffle. He often also puts his arms out in front of him, for balance I'm guessing. But it kind of makes it look like he's a little mini-Frankenstein wobbling along. All in all, it's pretty darn cute.
On the second night of Evan's walking, I got the camera out to capture some of this cuteness on video. Thus, here is a clip of Evan's first steps (sorry it's really dark...it was taken in the evening before Evan went to bed, and our couch and the camera bag are both black making them impossible to see. I hope to get more and better videos soon).
In the video, John was trying to get Evan to turn around and walk the short distance to him from the couch. However, Evan got more intrigued with the camera bag we'd just set on the couch, and decided to walk away with it! Honestly, sometimes I don't know what goes on in his head, but I'd love to know where he thought he was going and what prompted him to take the bag and walk away with it!
1 comment:
I love the little shuffle! So cute.
Post a Comment