Evan has been continuing to experiment with news sounds and this past week that seems to have been a theme to what he's spending his time entertaining himself with. His babbling continues, only instead of repeating one syllable over and over, he now is experimenting with combining them together. This sort of baby talk is completely adorable, and I am desperately trying to get some captured on video, but the camera distracts him too much. My mom and step-dad have been visiting us this past week also, and Evan's even started to use his baby talk to "sing" with my mom. She'll sing a riff of "fa la la la la" and then after she stops he'll chime in with some cute babbley sounds.
He's also morphed his raspberries from producing just a buzzing sound into a chirpy trill. However when he first started improving his raspberry skills he also reprised the excessive spitting on his face that he had that first day he showed me his new skill (recall "Three days of fun floor time"). I could do without the spitting, but the new sound is pretty cute and I can tell he's proud that he's mastered a sound that I've been doing to him for months now to make him smile and laugh!
He continues to also love the hand on mouth "ba wa wa wa" sound he makes even though he's only saying "ahhhh", and he has even now finally figured out how to use his own hands to do it! However, he still also seeks out my hands, my shoulder (when I'm carrying him over my shoulder), and even this morning he tried it with my knee while we were both playing on the floor.
He's also started to do a lip smacking sound, usually at very random times, so I really doubt I'll catch this on camera. With all these new sounds, though, I am sad to report there still has not been a "ma ma". Maybe he's saving that as a gift for Mother's day? ;)
1 comment:
I'm sure "mama" is on its way! I love the lip smacking sounds too.
Post a Comment