The other new messy encounter was last night just after I had fed him. On a side note, we're still down to just one middle-of-the-night feeding now (the trend that started last week has continued...yippee!). It was just after that midnight feeding and I was sitting on the edge of my bed, burping Evan over my shoulder like I always do. I always also have a burp cloth over my shoulder when I do this just in case he has a little spit up with his burps, however, last night this was not enough. I was patting his back and he had just burped. I'm always happy for him when he burps, because I know it releases gas that is better out than in so he's not having gas pains later, so I usually congratulate him when he burps. I was just about to say "Yay, good burp!" when I heard another one that sounded a bit juicier. That's also when I felt the warm, wet sensation all down my back and the splash of liquid hitting the sheets on the bed behind me. He had puked up so much (and probably with his head held high) that none of it hit the burp cloth and most of it soaked our bed sheets. Nonetheless, we needed to change our bed sheets in the middle of the night this time.
Speaking of holding his head high, he sure does that a lot now. He can stand up for short periods of time with our help now too. He has also recently started liking being held over my shoulder rather than cradled in my arms. He's much more happy when I hold him over my shoulder and walk around the house so he can see everything around us. He actually wants to be held a lot, and fusses soon after I put him down. Thus, he hasn't been taking very long naps these days either (maybe that's why he sleeps at night so well?).
To me, Evan looks like a "mini man" when he stands up like this. Such a cutie!
After his now longer nights of sleep, Evan is awfully chipper in the mornings. After I feed him his breakfast, he often lays in our bed and chats, smiles, and kicks around for awhile. I find myself singing the "Good morning" song from Singing in the Rain to him also (even though "Good morning, good morning" are the pretty much the only words of that song I know!). When I sing that to him on these bright and cheerful mornings, I am reminded of our visit to John's Nan and Gramps' house in Australia. His Nan loves that movie, and so we watched it during our stay and the next morning she was up singing that song around the house. :) That song really captures the essence of what I feel during these great mornings with Evan.
This sequence of photos was taken on one bright and cheerful, good morning. (Do you have that song stuck in your head yet?) ;)
2 comments:
That is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes!!! I had that song stuck in my head since Friday when Sarah texted me early with; Good Morning, good morning, slept the whole night through, Good morning, good morning to you! I think we should watch that movie with Nanny this coming Christmas and the next morning us 'girls' should sing it to her :) Evan will love it :P
Oh my how I love those pics of Evan! His smile and bright eyes are adorable! Auntie Loves you Evan!! Oh and BTW maybe that little pee in the eye will teach him! lol priceless! At the Daycare there was few times some of the babies peed and shot themself in the face.
Post a Comment