Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween-themed home portraits

I've been wanting to take Evan to get portraits ever since he was born.  I keep saying I'll do it next week, and well, the weeks have sped by and now Evan's over 11 weeks old!  Part of the reason for putting it off is that I don't know where to go and I don't have the time to research it well.  Sure there are portrait studios at stores like Sears, Walmart, and JC Penney's, but I don't know if they provide digital files of the photos.  I don't care for sheets of actual printed photos, as I'd rather have the photo files and then make prints on my own.  I could look into hiring a professional photographer, which may more likely sell the digital photo files, but again that requires time to research and find a good, and yet affordable, photographer.

Thus, I took matters into my own hands today and decided to head out into our backyard for some outdoor Halloween-themed portraits.  Thanks to a gift set of holiday onesies that my friend Margi just gave Evan, he had a cute "My 1st Halloween" onesie to wear, and the pumpkins that I have sitting on our front porch (waiting to be carved...when I get time for that!) were the perfect accessories.  

I took over 200 pictures!  With a digital camera it's just too easy to keep snapping in hopes that at least a few of them will be good.  The problem I have now is that I like so many of them.  Granted, many look awfully similar (he only has so many facial expressions after all!), but here is a small sample of some of my absolute favorites.  Some still need some editing and cropping, but that also requires more time and I'm just feeling lucky to have had time to take the photos and get them off the camera and into this post!  I'm slowly learning that when you have a baby, getting things done is all about doing it in baby steps. :)




2 comments:

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

I don't think you need a professional photographer, you are doing a great job on your own!!! All the pics are soooo cute, it would be so hard to choose :)