Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Father's Day at the Aquarium

Given how busy I was at work this summer, there are a few posts that I have not gotten finished.  One being a summary of our family outing to the Denver Aquarium for Father's Day (yes, from June!).

So, here is a quick synopsis of the day, mostly via photos.  The best part of the day was that it was indoors, in air conditioning, and since it was a really hot day that Sunday in late June, it was the perfect way to beat the heat.  What made it even more fun, was that some friends of our who have a little girl Evan's age (the two of them are great friends) went too, so it was extra fun for the kids to do something like that together.

Outside the entrance, ready to go in. Evan not so enthused about the photo op.

Evan was a Shark Tank Survivor! :) (Much more excited about this photo op!)

Emma and Daddy on Father's day

Evan and Daddy on Father's day

Emma loved checking out the fish in the underwater tunnel

We saw a Mermaid Show!  The kids loved it and sat still watching through the whole thing!  I have no idea how they hold their breath that long and pretend to sing and talk underwater! I was impressed for sure!

Hanging out by the tiger enclosure

Jellyfish!

John got his photo taken with the mermaids. Emma was there to help give him a reason. ;)  Evan didn't want to be part of the photo. He was definitely not interested in too many photos that day.

We all took a ride on the carousel after we were done inside.  It was the first carousel ride for both Evan and Emma!

Playing around outside after the carousel ride.

We got a nice family photo...for once!  So I splurged and bought it!

No comments: