Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Emma at 22 months (plus one week)

I'm really starting to get behind on my blogging.  Summer has been flying by like no other.  Yet, before I let this slip past any longer, I need to at least get some updates about Emma posted!

Cheese!

For example, she has three new teeth: her top two and bottom left canine.   They seemed to all come in one right after the other over the past month or so.  The last one left may very well poke through soon, but there seems to have been a bit of a break in the past couple weeks.

Emma also has upgraded to size 5.5-6 shoes.  I realized she may actually need a wide size as well, but generally most of the latest shoes I've gotten her have been size 6 and fit her about right, but she can still wear some of the 5.5W Stride Rite brand.  She's wearing 24 months/2T clothes (all 18 month items have been removed from her wardrobe).  She's still in size 4 pampers diapers, but this may be the last box.  Hard to say.  Some days I think they are getting tight around her tummy/legs, but based on the size range she could wear them for quite awhile yet.  Speaking of size, she's about 33 inches tall and probably weighs about 26-28 pounds.  Not quite sure on the weight, but the height is probably not far off since she likes to stand up against our (new-ish) height chart and so I just verified that tonight.

She is putting on her pajama pants by herself now, well she tries (and I mean she tries and has a lot of patience with herself to sit and do it).  In general, she seems to want to get dressed all by herself now, but only has made much progress with pants right now.

And speaking of clothes, I think she could very well become a little fashionista.  Her love for shoes definitely may surpass my knowledge of style!  Take this example (from well over a month ago now), where she decided she wanted to pair her rain boots with her romper!  When she adds her hat to the mix, it just says style all over it!

Rain boots with whatever else she's wearing...

Firsts:
-Carousel ride (at the Denver aquarium and then in the Lincoln mall)
-Ice cream cone (little drummie)
-Swinging in a big kid swing

Swinging in a big kid swing at Papa's Farm

Chocolate ice cream cone was yummy but messy!

Riding the carousel for the first time!

Emma can really talk these days.  She strings together her own sentences and phrases.  Some things are hard to understand still, but she does quite a good job communicating important things with us.  She also says some really cute things too.  For example, she says:
  • "Bumbum" = Bottom (I love this mispronunciation!)
  • "Oh my gosh" (I love whenever she says this...)
  • "What!?"  (The first time I heard her say this was when she woke up from a nap and I was talking to her via the monitor.  She was saying "Daddy work" and I told her no, he was actually home now since he'd come home while she was napping.  She replied "What!?" as she quickly turned her head to look at the camera, essentially looking right at me.  It cracked me up!)
This girl wants to be so grown up already!

Emma loves to sing and dance.  She dances so cute by bouncing up onto one of her feet.  She can't quite jump with both feet off the ground simultaneously (though she's been practicing and trying for months now!), so her little dance isn't a full jump, but more of a hopping bounce using the same foot over and over.  She sings along to Mother Goose Club Playhouse songs and even tries to mimic their moves.  She sings along to Frozen songs as well. Other songs she sings are: Itsy Bitsy Spider (doing the motions too of course) and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Old MacDonald.  She can sing those pretty much all by herself.  She plays games like duck duck goose (so cute how she yells "goose!" and tenses her body while she does it!), and she loves to play hide and seek (as does Evan).

She is definitely in a copy cat phase!  She will say and/or do nearly anything that Evan does.  For better or worse.  She still loves her "raffi" (giraffe) and takes him with her to daycare and snuggles him at night.  She'll give him kisses on his mouth too.  She speaking of kisses...oh does she give the sweetest kisses!  She says "mah!" when she gives them, and sometimes will get into a kissing frenzy with me.  She say "give a kiss" and she'll give me a kiss on one cheek, then she'll say "give a kiss" again and want me to turn my head to kiss my other cheek.  She'll do this back and forth for awhile, and then somewhere in the middle she'll pull my face center to kiss me on the lips.  Slobbery, but super sweet kisses. Mah! :)

She's getting more picky about eating, but still eats really really well.  She prefers to stuff too much food in her mouth at once if you ask me though.  She's finally drinking cow's milk!  I don't know what changed, but recently she'll drink it and even ask for it.  And not just sips here and there, sometimes she'll chug it down!  Yay! :)

She still does not like me to fix her hair.  I have noticed she's getting tangles more often, so I may need to start using conditioner on her hair.  However, I try to brush it out before bedtime to avoid major tangles, but she often gets upset with me about that.  I'm thinking it's about time to get a real haircut for her.  It's getting long and my less than ideal bang trims are probably not looking as good as a real haircut could.  The good news is that the last time I trimmed them, she held still more for me, so hopefully she'd do okay for a first haircut at a salon.

She loves to play outside in the water table or riding on toys.  And she loves to play with her big brother.  Like I mentioned above, she's a copy cat right now.  I have a few photos where I'm taking their picture together and she's looking up at him...as if to get her cue about what to do.  They have their fights though already, which I'm sure will only continue to occur more.  But I do love that they have each other to play with.  As an example, this past weekend I was working in the garden and letting them play outside.  At one point I heard extreme laughter.  I loved hearing that, but also knew that too much of that kind of laughter usually meant something bad could happen (i.e. they were up to something).  Sure enough a moment later I heard Evan whining.  Turns out Emma was pushing Evan in the car toy in the backyard, and she had pushed the handle down to the ground, tipping the car backwards.  Evan wasn't hurt from that, but the reason he was crying was because there was water in the hood of the car that was draining all onto him.  He got up and had a wet crotch, just as if he had an accident in his pants.  It was pretty funny.  At least their fun and games didn't end with an injury!  Speaking of injuries, when Emma gets hurt now she asks for me to kiss it and/or for ice.  "Need ice!" She also offers to kiss me if she hurts me, and she also says "sorry" for any time she may bump into me that may hurt me.  She is a sweetheart!

Since I'm so behind on her blog updates, I've got heaps of photos to share.  Here is a collection of photos mostly from 20-21 months.  I'll post another photo post soon with the 21-22 months, most recent photos. Enjoy!

Sequence as she splashed herself in her face





These two are the best!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love how she loves those boots... a favorite of Nora's as well! It's so fun seeing another kid get some use out of them.