This past Sunday morning, not long after Evan woke up, he came to our bedroom and asked for brekky. I asked him what he wanted (he usually has a nutrigrain toaster waffle with peanut butter), but he surprised me by saying he wanted pancakes! I had been thinking about making pancakes that morning so it was meant to be! And better yet, Evan wanted to help me make them!
Cheese face
Mixing the eggs
Mixing the batter
He did a great job beating the eggs and mixing the batter (I helped with the latter a bit though).
Emma also got to try her first pancake on Sunday. I made a baby size one just for her. Here's a sequence of photos capturing her experience with it.
Taking a BIG bite
All was well given she mostly just played with it. Then she started tasting little nibbles that she picked off with her finger (she poked a hole in the middle of it at one point). And then she decided to take a big bite, which she gagged on a good bit. She's still not quite figured out the taking bites and gumming up food thing yet.
And just when I thought my "Breakfast Story" was complete…this morning Evan asked for pancakes for brekky again. Ever since Sunday when he asks for pancakes for brekky he also says he wants to help me (make them) again. Since we still have some leftover I just warmed some up for him. He'll have to help me this next weekend if I make more though! He also specifically asked to sit next to me at the table (rather than in his booster seat). And then here's the best part: he kept telling me, with some much pride and happiness in his voice, "I'm sitting next to you mommy" and "I love you mommy". We held hands and ate our breakfast side-by-side. I couldn't think of a more perfect start to any day. :)










1 comment:
Aw, that's so cute! I love when three year olds say such sweet things.
Post a Comment