Monday, April 28, 2014

Moving forward, and fast!

Recall just one week ago tomorrow I wrote a post proclaiming that Emma was now moving forward.  Well, in just one week she has suddenly become an inchworm/army crawl extraordinaire!  She has gotten awfully fast at moving herself toward whatever it is she so desires.  She also spends a lot of time up on her hands and knees, yet she hasn't figure out how to move forward while staying that way.  She often uses that position to lurch herself forward in her initial thrust ahead though.

Practicing her hands and knees while setting her sights on her eggs.

I managed to get a video today of her making her way across our living room floor toward all of her toys.  I had to be ready with the camera the moment I put the toys down or else she would already have been crawling toward them.  Some of her favorite toys to race across the room after are her Tomy Little Chripers Eggs (top choice still, as it was what she crawled for in her "inchworm" video from last week's post), as well as she loves to crawl for the stacking rings and a tower of stacking cups.

See the video: "The Inchworm Wins the Race!"

Just tonight she was crawling after everything Evan was doing.  She's been looking forward to being able to do that for awhile now I'm sure!  Now I wonder how much longer before she gets the hang of crawling on her hands and knees, and then just how much faster she will be!

No comments: