Every once in awhile I try to read my old posts from when Evan was Emma's age, to see the similarities and differences, and more than anything to remind me how I was coping and handling the various phases my babies go through.
Well, yesterday I read a few and one that really struck home was "New sleeping habits". It was written when Evan was about 6.5 months, which is how old Emma is right now, and it pretty much sums up what has happened the last few nights with Emma.
Last Friday night Emma slept from her bedtime at 8pm until 5am! She fussed a bit around 11pm, but put herself back to sleep. Then Saturday night, Emma slept from her bedtime at 8pm until 6 am! I woke up at 4:30am wondering if she was okay, but I watched her via the monitor and saw her fingers move a bit so I knew she was just sleeping good, despite sleeping on her tummy again.
Both nights I went ahead and put her back to sleep after the early morning wake up and she slept until 8am. Since then she's had a few more nights where she's slept until 5 or 6am, and then after a feed until 7-8am, as well. Then when I read the old post about Evan at this age, I was just amazed that they are pretty much going through the exact same thing at the exact same time! And now it makes me anxious to read "ahead" to see how much longer before this new sleeping habit became "permanent" with Evan...maybe more sleep at night is in my not-so-distant future?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment