Now who knows if I'll have enough funny stories to keep this up on a regular basis, but I found myself laughing at an old story that I hadn't shared here and thought I might just share it on Friday for some good end of the week humor, to which I've dubbed "A Friday Funny".
--
In my job I have many teleconferences. It's just the best way to have meetings with people all over the country, and even the world. Most of these are just phone calls, but some now utilize software so we can present slides or share websites, via web-based software. And, some of these web conferences use software that also has the ability to share video via webcams (that nearly every laptop have pre-installed just above the screen these days), however most of my meetings don't utilize that feature.
One of my regular teleconferences is with a group hosted by NASA that utilizes Webex software for the web conference. Webex does allow video conferencing, but we've never used it. This call is always at 1pm, right after lunch, so I always attend this telecon in my office. Back when I was still pumping, this was also one of the times I needed to pump. Thus, since I called into these meetings with my office door closed anyway, I figured I could kill two birds....
If you already see where this story is going please start laughing with me (lol). Yes, I logged into the web conference and then began to get ready to pump like any other time I would pump in my office. However, right as I had dropped my top, I looked up and saw that my webcam light was on! You better believe my heart stopped, thinking everyone in the web conference could see me. I quickly covered back up and went to the video part of the web conference screen to confirm that the video was NOT sending, and luckily that was the case. Whew! Embarrassing disaster averted! I then immediately grabbed a little yellow sticky note and posted it over my webcam, just in case. Those little webcams can be so sneaky!
No comments:
Post a Comment