Case in point
Notice who's standing with just a little bit of help, by the way??? :)
Isn't this a cute outfit on Evan? I loved the colors and the style when I bought it for him recently. However, as I have learned from not only this one-piece romper, but another shorts-style one I bought for him before (see photo below), they are a pain to put on a baby! Thus, who really invented them? I doubt it was a parent who has to dress a wriggly baby! You can't get their arms in the arm holes very easily when all the material from a long one-piece outfit is bunched up around their neck. So then I try pulling it down over his body to get his arms in, yet at that point it's snugly hugging his body as if he's in a cocoon. Evan absolutely hates it, and thus this cute long one-piece I bought for him only got two wears and now is being retired for being such a nuisance (and because he probably wouldn't have fit into it much longer anyway at the rate he's growing).
Evan in a Ralph Lauren summer romper I bought for him (on sale) in size 9 months, so I at first thought it would be for spring in the U.S., but ended up taking it for him to wear while we were in Australia, and I'm glad I did, as he barely fit into it at only 5 months old! The romper style didn't help, though, as it's so hard to get on him, but definitely would not have fit him at age 9 months. I joked that since it's Ralph Lauren it must be sized for skinny supermodels. :)
I now have sworn to only buy one-piece outfits that completely open in the front or back so that the whole one-piece doesn't have to go completely over his head. The sad thing is that there are so many cute outfits out there just like this. Am I the only one that finds them completely a pain? Are other babies more tolerant of the maneuvers needed to dress them in such outfits? Perhaps I have not figured out the proper way to put these on Evan, but needless to say, I'm not willing to waste any more money on them to try to find out otherwise. There, that is my motherly rant for the day. :)


1 comment:
I guess I don't have too many of these, but I love the rompers that button all the way up the front. I actually can't find too many of them though!
I'm impressed with Evan's standing; Nora is still pretty wobbly.
Post a Comment