I already reported that he has rolled over (both ways now! but not very regularly yet) and that he mock-walks. He also now sits in the tripod (holding his weight up with his hands on his legs or the floor in front of him) albeit a bit wobbly, and he grabs toys so easily now! In fact, when we got home from Australia and I put him under his floor gym and he just reached right up and grabbed everything hanging above him. Plus, for Christmas we got him a jumperoo and immediately when we put him in it he started not only grabbing at, but also spinning, all of the toys. I thought for sure it may take him some time to learn how to spin the spinny ones, but he did it with ease!
Sitting up in his tripod (with the Boppy pillow as a cushion in case of a fall)
Speaking of that fall...
He also loves to grab his feet now with his hands (especially during diaper changes). Evan also grabbed his manhood for the first time during a diaper change and then again during a recent bath. I'm sure this will only become more entertaining for him as he gets older. :O He also takes out his own pacifier and tries putting it back in (at first it would go back in sideways so he'd just chew on it, but now he sometimes gets it back in correctly), and occasionally he has also been known to hold his own bottle.
"Look mom, no (daddy) hands!"
His favorite thing to do during diaper changes...grab them toes!
On January 17th he started "assisted standing" while leaning against a piece of furniture. This does not last long, but John just had to try it out since Evan's been putting weight (and "standing") on his legs for over three months now. He is ticklish almost everywhere (especially around his thighs) and laughs and squeals more and more and he does this goofy chomping motion with his mouth (reminds me of an old man without his teeth, probably another sign he was ready for solid foods).
He is frequently pulling his head up and forward when seated in his swing or car seat and now suddenly, as of the past few days, he seems to hate getting into his car seat. This mostly began the last couple days while we were in New Orleans, and he spent a lot of the day either napping in it or being pushed around in it with the stroller. Basically, he just straightens his body and whines when he's placed in the seat, so it makes it really hard to get him to bend and sit in the seat to buckle him up. I hope it's just a phase, as the car seat will be at least a twice daily ritual, if not more, and I dread having those fights with him every time.
His favorite sounds right now are "eeeeeee" and to make a cough sound. I'm not sure if it's a real cough or not, because it doesn't really sound that bad. Sometimes I wonder if he's just got too much saliva in his mouth and he's coughing on that, because he is definitely drooling a ton these days. He also occasionally squeals and screeches, however these are still my least favorite sounds he makes. No consonant sounds yet, but I think I heard a "boo" this morning. He loves to hear me say "ba ba ba" and "ma ma ma", so I hope he'll soon mimic those sounds. Either way, he's growing up so fast and getting cuter and cuter every day! And at the pace he's learning new things, I can't wait to see what lies ahead in month six!
My little cutie pie! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment