Our road trip led us to a cabin in Forest Lakes, Arizona. The cabin was a peaceful place off the grid, so to speak. It had no internet or cable TV, nor did it have much cell phone reception. So, it forced us to disconnect and unwind for awhile, which was really nice. The cabin also offered some real throwback treats for the kids (and grown ups too, who appreciated the nostalgia that these toys brought out) to play with. Things like original Hungry Hungry Hippos and Mousetrap games, some throwback Fisher Price toys (that I know I played with at some point when I was a kid, but not sure where), a dollhouse, and a homemade marble tower. The kids had lots of fun!
I know I played with this toy at some point in my life...
Then there was the outdoors! Located adjacent to national forest, there was so much nature to take in and explore. We saw wild horses in the forest and evening Primrose flowers bloom at dusk, had campfires and smores, stargazed under the clear night sky, the kids had a water fight with water balloons, and we took walks and hikes at nearby lakes. One night there was a bat flying outside enjoying a meal of insects the front porch light attracted.
On our daily outings to the various nearby lakes, the kids saw crawdads (mostly parts of dead ones), practiced skipping rocks on the water, and hawks flying overhead occasionally diving to the water to catch a meal.
Overall, it was a fun and relaxing time. We look forward to going back again!




No comments:
Post a Comment