Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pumpkin carving 2015

The week before Halloween we got out our pumpkin carving tools and made a jack-o-lantern to adorn our front porch.  This year I just got one pumpkin, mostly because it's plenty of work to carve as it is and these kids aren't demanding they have their own yet.  

Before

The best part about this year was that Evan really wanted to help scoop out the pumpkin guts, which is typically my least favorite part. He didn't really figure out how to get big scoops out though, so he was taking a long time getting little scoops out at a time.  Every once in awhile I'd help out and get a big scoop, to which he'd be upset thinking I was emptying the whole thing out and leaving none left for him to scoop.  Emma even got her hands dirty and helped with the scooping too!


Looking a little unsure about this...

I asked the kids what kind of face we should make, by drawing a few samples.  Evan wanted a happy face, so that's what we did, though I did end up making it look a lot like a very typical jack-o-lantern.

After: Someone was not interested in getting their photo taken...


After we finished carving, we set it outside to light it up.  The candle didn't glow very brightly, but you can kind of make out our festive pumpkin's face.

And, to finish, here's just a random photo I took that night of Evan that John and I both liked.

No comments: