Sunday, September 13, 2015

Portraits with a 4-year-old and a (nearly) 2-year-old

I am way behind on keeping up with getting portraits of the kids.  I had totally planned to get 18-month portraits of Emma, but alas, she's nearly 2!  After last year's portrait session, where we didn't get any good photos of the two kids together or any good family photos, I've been nervous about heading back for more.  Yet, I decided I needed to at least get the two kids in for some finally, so we went in today.

I can't say that we got the greatest photos this time, but there are a few that I felt were worthy of ordering prints (maybe my expectations are a little more realistic than before too).  

I decided to get into a few of the photos, and I have to say, amazingly the one of me and the two kids is my favorite of all of them.  They aren't smiling big, but they both look pretty cute and are both looking at the camera at least!


Last year my favorite photo of Emma was one of her with her giraffe "Raffy", and since she is still quite attached to it, she brought it along for the photo session today.  And once again, my favorite of her individually was one with Raffy. 


I also got in one with Emma by herself (I had planned to get one with just Evan too, but we forgot in the madness of it all).  It turned out alright as well.


I can't say I'm stoked about Evan's goofy forced smile in his individual portraits, but hey, he's at that age where I think the forced smiles happen.


While it wasn't perfect, given that Emma wasn't really smiling, I ended up going with this photo of the two kids together, just to finally have one.


Since today was a Broncos football Sunday, it made me think of putting them both in their Broncos gear for some themed photos too.  Several of these turned out kind of cute.


Go Broncos!

There were several other photos that were okay, but just not worthy of printing.  Here is a sampling.







Well, I am going to really try to get them back in soon for some holiday portraits.  Let's hope that portrait sittings with these kids continue to get better with time! :)




No comments: