We even took Emma for her very first time in the pool last week (on Nana's birthday actually!). I had just gotten her a cute swim hat and swim nappy (diaper), and Nana had gotten her a nice long sleeve swim shirt. The water felt pretty cold to her at first, so I had to slowly get her used to it by first just getting her feet wet and then I kind of dipped her in and out as I got a bit more of her legs and body wet. When I first put her in the baby float it was the first time her tummy got wet and we all know how cold that can feel. She got over it pretty quickly though and seemed to enjoy her time in the water. After she got a bit fussy in the float, I took her out and bounced around with her holding her in my arms in the water. And after we got out of the water, she fell asleep in my arms. It really tuckered her out!
How cute am I in my new swim togs?
About to get in (left)...and it isn't too bad (right)
"That's a bit cold on my tummy mom!"
The whole family enjoying the pool
Sleeping in my arms and giving me a little sleeping smile :)
Evan has been enjoying the pool on almost a daily basis. At first we put him in a swim vest, but the past few days he's not been wearing that. I think part of that was because Xander (a 2-yr-old boy of Sarah's friend) came over for a swim/play date and he could swim and put his head under the water. Since then (and since Evan got his head/face wet in the ocean without issue) Evan has let John put his head under water too, and he's been "swimming" on his own with a pool noodle! [I got a video of this, but its kind of big to upload from here. Will try to remember to post it when we're back home.] I hope by the time we go home Evan will have actually learned how to swim even more!
Evan's cheese face...in the pool!
Having so much fun that Evan also got tuckered out and napped on the floating bed with Daddy
We've also been watching movies and Evan has really started to enjoy playing with Lego, but most of Evan's day is spent outside. Louise got Evan a little inflatable pool and it has lots of water toys and squirt things in it. He quickly learned how to shoot this water "canon" thing, and now he loves to soak all of us from afar. It's also been pretty hard to keep him dry, and so we usually let him run around just in his underwear. Hey, it's much cooler that way anyway!
Watch out...water canon is loaded!












1 comment:
Jealous of your hot weather and swimming! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment