Thursday, December 26, 2013

Emma's schedule (3 months old)

After having gotten over her jet lag, Emma has gotten back into her normal nighttime routine of sleeping (nearly) through the night.  And she's also gotten into a good daytime routine now too.  I hope that once she adjusts to the time zone back home after we return she'll also follow a good routine like this, as it is so helpful to have her on a routine finally.  We know better when she's hungry or in need of a nap, rather than just trying every thing when she's fussy (which probably means she was overfed on occasion as feeding her always seemed to help calm her fussiness).

Anyway, here is a sample of her schedule, however I will note that the exact times change from day to day still.  Nonetheless, the 3-hour cycle of feed-play-nap during the day is pretty much spot on, and her bedtime is pretty much about the same each night too (so I'll start with that).

7-8pm   Change her, nurse her, and put her to bed in her swaddle sack.

4-5am    Emma fusses/stirs in her crib so I feed her on one side and put her right back to bed    

~7am    Emma wakes up happy and quiet.  I feed her on the other side (which is often uncomfortably full at this point), which takes about 15-30 minutes and change her.  Then 1.5 hours of play time (usually floor time with a bit of tummy time)

9am    Diaper change and then 45-60 minutes of nap time (usually in her swing with her pacifier)

~10am   Emma wakes from her nap and I nurse her on both sides and change her (~30 min), then 1.5 hours of awake/play time (usually being held by someone or in her bouncer seat)

Noon   Diaper change and then 45-60 minutes of nap time (usually in her swing, but am trying to migrate her mid-day nap to her crib, which she successfully did yesterday)

~1pm    Emma wakes from her nap and I nurse her on both sides and change her (~30 min), then 1.5 hours of awake/play time (usually being held by someone or in her bouncer seat)


3pm      Diaper change and then 45-60 minutes of nap time (usually in her swing or in someone's arms...most often it's been in Nana's arms lately while we're out in late afternoons at someone's house or the park/beach)

~4pm      Emma wakes from her nap and I nurse her on both sides and change her (~30 min), then 1.5 hours of awake/play time (usually being held by someone or in her bouncer seat)



6pm      Diaper change and then 45-60 minutes of nap time (usually in her swing or in someone's arms if we're out in evening at someone's house or the park/beach).  After Emma wakes from his nap we usually begin the bedtime routine of changing her and feeding her and then putting her to bed.  And as a great way to end the day, she usually has a good chat with me while I'm changing her. :)


No comments: