Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Evan's first fort

 
So I'm sitting in our hotel room in Hawaii, on our last night here, wondering how the week flew by so fast.  But then I wonder this about every week these days, whether we're on vacation or not. Anyway, there will be posts (and photos) from our Hawaiian adventure soon (but not until after we get home...tablets are great for travel internet needs, just not for photo editing and blog writing!), but for now I will finish a post I started before we left about Evan's first fort.
 
Thanks to the suggestion on another blog I read (Life with Karma), I realized Evan may start to find some fun in building couch cushion forts, especially on cold winter days where we're stuck inside all day.  I didn't get too creative with this first fort, mostly because I wanted to see how Evan would react to it first.  I wondered if he'd be a little scared of the 'dark cave' I created for him?  I put a few of his plush friends in it and even got (partially) in it myself to help coax him in. While he wasn't scared of it, he wasn't super excited about it either. Perhaps a more extravagant design would solve that problem next time. Either way, he had a bit of fun in it and it helped us kill a little bit of time before bed on a day that I felt we had already done everything we normally do indoors at least twice already!
 




1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll have to try this with Nora! Looks like fun. :)