Sunday, May 20, 2012

Uh oh

In a recent post (Games with Mommy) I explained how Evan was learning to enjoy dropping things for us to then pick them up.  After he drops the toys I usually say "Uh oh" and then will ask "Did it fall down?".  This turns out to have been the process for him learning his first spoken real "words" with meaning.  He now grunts "oh oh" after his toys fall down!  I've also caught him practicing that sound a few times today while playing with his toys during floor time (for example when he throws his toy out of his reach).

While "uh oh" is his first set of words that we can understand, he's been having pretty intense conversations with us, babbling up a storm, otherwise.  His current favorite sounds are "geh geh geh geh" and he still does "da da da da" a lot too.  He even does some "yaw yaw yaw" now, along with plenty of screaming and screeching and other loud (and sometimes obnoxious) sounds.  I'm still waiting for "ma ma" though.  As quickly as he picked up "uh oh" in the past few days, I can only hope it's coming soon. :)

No comments: