Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just call me John Jr.

Ever since Evan was born and we began posting photos of him on Facebook, the comments have come rolling in that he looks like John.  Perhaps this view was influenced by the "Handsome like daddy" sloganed outfit that he wore home from the hospital (subliminal messaging?), or perhaps some of you out there have the gift to be able to see features in a newborn baby that resemble an adult.  I personally don't see how newborn babies can look like anyone, as they are just so young and fresh-faced to me that they look like, well, a baby!   However, the more I look at Evan, often staring for hours, I can sometimes see a few similar features that might resemble his father.  What has persuaded me more, however, were photos that Louise brought with her on her visit.   After seeing pictures of John as a newborn, I became more of a believer that my son is really just a John Jr.

Louise and Baby John, who I could have easily mistaken for Baby Evan (I've seen Evan make this face many times!).

Nonetheless, I had to look up some of my old newborn baby photos to see what I looked like as an infant.  Now that I've seen myself as a wee little thing, I can see that Evan is probably a blend of both of us.  Depending on his facial expression (and unfortunately I haven't captured all of his cute expressions on camera, so some of my judgement is based on images of him I can't share on this blog), he can sometimes look exactly like John did in the photos Louise brought.  At other times, he looks an awful lot like I did as a baby.  Here are some photos of each of us, and I'll let you be the judge...

Baby Evan (top two photos)
Baby Sarah (lower left) and Baby John (lower right)

Feel free to post a comment and let me know who you think Evan looks like...and then we'll tally the votes to see what the majority rule is. :)


4 comments:

Jessica said...

I still stand by John Jr.

Louise said...

I think he has traits of both of you, he is unique, not to mention adorable.....:)

Kitty said...

I still think he looks like John.

Elly said...

Enough of all this talk... he looks like ME!! ;) if we go by those pics you posted definitely John... I mean the one where Louise is holding John, you would think it was Evan in some Back to the Future movie... can we say identical?!?! But there is one picture of Evan where I see Grandpa Tessendorf in him!!