Last night, as I was tucking Emma into bed, she let out a long and loud toot under the covers I'd just placed over her. She started giggling, along with me, and then she told me to smell under her blankets while she started to lift them up. I was in a bit of shock, and only laughed harder, not knowing where she got that idea. I said "ewww, no way!", to which she responded, "just one smell and you'll be done." Ha! What a silly little pranker!
To add another cute Emma story to this post, I'll also record our experience renting skis for her yesterday. Today we are headed to the mountains for some sledding and it will be the first time the kids are on skis! While I was filling out the rental cards yesterday, the shop staff started measuring the kids feet for their boots. The kids both were doing really well with this, interacting with these strangers just fine and responding to the questions they were being asked. I was really proud of both of them. After a little while, Emma called out to me that "he is my friend" while she pointed at the guy that had helped her try on a ski boot. He smiled, and so did I. What a brave cutie.
Later last night, both kids tried on their ski gear and practiced taking on and off their skis and doing the "pizza" wedge. Emma started talking like she was the teacher and telling us how to ski, making it sound pretty simple. "You put your boot in here, then you make a pizza, and that's how you do it! That's how you ski!" :)
I'm so glad she's excited about skiing. She picked out her own goggles too and is in love with them. We'll see how things go today! Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment