I chose a park that had a splash pad, so the kids could play and get wet. Evan also wanted water balloons, so we got lots of the new water balloons that can be quickly and easily filled up in large bunches (called bunch-o-balloons). I also got a bunch of cheap water squirters from the dollar store, so that each kid could have one and take one home as part of their party favor gifts.
I also did little gift bags of candies (non-chocolate so they didn't melt sitting outside in the summer hear), and a party blower (those things are always popular with kids this age!). I picked up some table clothes and balloons in the ocean theme with the colors of aqua, dark blue, and bright green. And I got matching plates and napkins in green and aqua as well. I kept the decorations simple, since we were outside and for such a big party I didn't want to give myself too much work.
I opted for fruit and chips for snacks. Evan loves the little chip bags, especially the Cheetos, so I got a variety pack. For fruit I stuck with grapes (red and white) and watermelon. For the watermelon, I had seen an idea on Pinterest to carve it into a shark, and that gave me the shark theme idea. I usually like to do 1-2 DIY projects for my kids' birthday parties, so this was it for me. I also ordered cupcakes with light blue/aqua frosting and then some shark fin picks to put in them to make it look like sharks swimming in water on top of each cake.
I think everything turned out really great. Even though I hit a few snags when I carved the shark watermelon, it turned out looking pretty good and Evan loved it!
Yep, he was so happy. That's what it was all about. :)
More on the rest of the party soon....







No comments:
Post a Comment