1. I'm starting to look into toddler tumbling classes. Whether we do a formal class or not, Evan is already doing some tumbling of his own. And not always the kind that makes me worry (i.e. a tumble down the stairs), rather the kind that are pretty cute and makes you wonder what made him think to do that! For example, he often puts his head on the ground while bent over, straightens his legs so he's almost in an inverted V shape, and then he picks his arms up off the floor balancing on his head (think of an upside down "look ma, no hands") and holds them out straight along his back. I think he's pretty proud of his new pose...now if I could only capture it on film. (When I do I will definitely share!)
Evan's latest acrobatic exercises from this morning.
Okay, so maybe this example of Evan's climbing/tumbling skills makes me a little worried.
2. Evan's rough nights could be attributed to his first molar coming in. Either way, John noticed the large tooth on Evan's lower right jaw last week. [I still think he rough nights were due to our traveling and then my being gone, because he's doing much better now and the tooth is still coming in.]
3. I cannot get enough of Evan's kisses. While he only does them on command about half the time, those are odds I'm willing to take in this case! Any chance I get I'm asking for kisses from my sweet boy!
4. I marvel at Evan's laugh, especially his gut laugh that is so hearty and pure. Unfortunately when I find something that makes him laugh, he wants me to keep doing it again, and while I love hearing the laugh over and over, he often ends up with hiccups afterward (poor thing)!
5. Evan still loves his TV time. We've watched Madagascar 3 so many times now that I think I've finally seen all the obscure/hidden jokes. What amazes me is that I still love watching it though! We also watch a lot of GiggleBellies. I am thinking about reviewing them in more detail in a future post.
6. Evan also loves his choo choo train that Auntie Elly got him while we were in Hawaii. He has several "choo choos", but this one makes a choo choo sound and plays music, as well as moves on its own. He carries it around a lot, and does the strangest things with it, thus a sign it's one of his favorite toys at the moment.
Case and point.
7. A quick cute story: This morning we were getting ready to go to the store so I asked him to get his shoes. He went over to where the shoes are and instead of picking out a pair of his shoes, he says "boot" and chooses his Ugg Boots that Nana sent from Australia. Thus, that is what he wore. :) Guess they are never too young to establish their own fashion sense!
8. Evan loves his "E's". Don't know what that means? Well, it means letters silly! He has alphabet foam letters for the bath and magnetic ones for the fridge. He is always asking "peez" (with sign language too) for his "E's", which we keep in a tin on top of the refrigerator. Since he often throws them around on the floor instead of just putting them on the fridge, we keep them boxed up when not in use. The best part....he helps pick them up now! :) And I think he knows some of his letters now too, such as W ("dub-boo") and C and X!
9. On the note of Evan putting his magnetic letters away...this in and of itself is a marvel to me! It's only started recently, but when I ask him to put something away he is (sometimes) doing it! The alphabet letters are one example (and after he collects each one and puts it in the tin, he loves to try putting the lid on it too!), and his doctor kit toys in the play room is another example. The other day I told him before we left the play room that we needed to put our toys away, so he went and got one of the doctor toys and put it inside the case (all on his own!). So now I help him by pointing out the other pieces to that kit and after we get them all in the case, he even points to where on the shelf I should put it! I am so happy when he helps like that! :)
10. Yay for holidays on Mondays! I loved that today I get to spend the whole day with Evan (he's napping right now by the way). We've played, read books, watched TV (including the Presidential Inauguration, which Evan loved to clap during all the moments of applause), and done some shopping so far. I'm looking forward to a bit of rest myself ("sleep while the baby sleeps") and then more fun times with my boy after his nap!



1 comment:
I keep meaning to sign up for a toddler gym class too- it's starting to get wild over here with all the jumping off of furniture. :)
I'm impressed about the letters! Nora doesn't seem to care too much about letters right now, she seems more focused on colors.
Post a Comment